Support for Printer Canon Pixma TS8170 setup
The Canon Pixma TS8170 setup printer becomes an easy task with the help of the steps given below. Take the printer out from the box, place it in a location which is of optimum temperature, and establish the power connection. Perform the first time set up by referring to the instructions given below.
How to Install Pixma TS8170 Printer
- Remove the tape on top of the package.
- Take the printer and other resource materials out of the box.
- Keep all the resource materials aside. Place the printer on a flat surface.
- Discard all packing materials surrounding the printer.
- Attach the power cable to your printer’s rear and wall socket.
- Switch on the printer and set the date and time on the display of the printer’s control panel.
- Pull the input cassette and align the paper width guides to the maximum.
- Insert plain paper into the input tray. Adjust the guides to secure the paper alignment.
- Open the access door. Take the ink tank out of the packaging.
- Rip the protective tape on top of it. Push the ink cartridge into its slot until it fits into place.
Canon Pixma TS8170 recent drivers
A driver is a medium of communication for your printer and system. This Canon Pixma TS8170 setup printer supports MP driver and XPS driver. Use the driver that is compatible with the printer model and the version of the operating system. There are different methods to install the driver on the system- use a software installation CD and download the driver from our website. The setup file for Windows and Mac systems differ based on their version. Proceed with the steps under driver installation to start printing.
Canon TS8170 driver download
- Download the driver from our website and click the link on the website.
- The setup file for the Mac system is available in the .dmg format.
- The file for the Windows system is available in the .exe format.
- Check for the download status on the notification bar of the browser.
- The transfer speed of the download process may take time based on the internet connection.
- Verify whether the download process completes.
- If the download completes, right-click on the file to open the folder.
- View the downloaded file on the system.
- If the file does not download correctly, do it again to resolve the issue.
- Do not turn off the system while the download is in progress.
Canon Pixma TS8170 Driver Installation
- Use the starter CD to install the driver on the system.
- Load the CD into the system’s disc drive.
- View the list of available files on the display and click on it to start the download process.
- The other method is to download the driver from our website.
- After downloading, install the setup file on your Windows.
- Double-click on the setup file to start the installation process.
- Make use of the steps mentioned on the screen to complete the download process. Agree to the Terms and Conditions on the screen.
- Choose the connection type as Wired or Wireless based on the printer features. View the printer name in the list of available devices.
- If the printer name is not displayed, uninstall and reinstall the driver.
Manual Download for Canon Pixma TS8170
The manual contains the latest information of the printer and its features. It provides required operating instructions to customers who are unaware of the device. The Manual comes as a hard and soft copy. Get the hard copy of the manual in the Canon Pixma TS8170 setup printer’s shipment box. Locate the manual in it. If the manual is unavailable in the box, click the link to initiate the download process. The driver’s downloaded file is available in the PDF format. The connection procedure for Windows and Mac systems are available in the manual. Use the user manual index to locate the topics and their page number.
How to connect canon Pixma ts8170 to wireless
- Check if the wireless router is turned on.
- The access point must contain a PUSH button.
- Go through to the user manual for details about the router.
- Use the Wi-Fi Protected Access to connect to the wireless network.
- Turn on the printer and system. Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer. Wait until the alarm light on the printer’s control panel flashes.
- Ensure that the lamp adjacent to the button flickers.
- Navigate to the access point and press the WPS button within 2 minutes.
- Check if the blue light on the printer starts to flash.
- Check If the power and Wi-Fi lamp flicker while connecting to the access point. After a successful network connection, the power light and Wi-Fi lamp stops flashing and remains lit.
- Confirm the network settings by taking the print out of the network settings.
Canon Pixma TS8170 AirPrint setup
- Check if the Canon Pixma ts8170 setup printer supports the AirPrint feature.
- Establish a wireless connection to the system using a stable internet access.
- Connect your computer and printer to the same wireless network.
- Turn on AirPrint on the Apple device.
- It detects the available wireless networks in its surrounding.
- Find the network name from the list of available devices.
- Open the media you intend to print.
- Tap the Share icon and choose the printer’s name from the list.
- Tap Print to start the printing process.
- View or Cancel the print job from the print screen.
Canon Pixma TS8170 cloud print setup
- Log in to your Google Account with the help of the username and password.
- Make sure the printer supports Google Cloud Print.
- Connect your printer to the Internet using a router.
- Register the printer name on your Google Cloud Print account.
- Turn on the printer. Click the Setup icon located on the Home screen.
- Click the Web Service Setup icon.
- Click Web Service Connection setup -> OK -> Google Cloud Print -> OK.
- Select Register with Google Cloud Print -> OK
- Choose the language from the screen that displays.
- Insert plain paper into the input cassette to print an authentication URL.
- Use the URL to enroll the Canon Pixma ts8170 setup printer to Google Cloud Print.
- Type the account information and click Sign in.
- Proceed with the on-screen prompts to complete the printer registration.
Canon Pixma ts8170 ink cartridge replacement
- Ensure that your printer is powered up.
- Open the Paper Output Tray and raise the Scanning Unit.
- Wait for the FINE cartridge to move to the replacement position.
- Open the Ink cartridge locking cover to remove the empty cartridge.
- Do not touch the cartridge holder to avoid damage to the printer and cartridge.
- Buy the new ink cartridge from a trusted retailer.
- Take the new cartridge out of its package.
- Peel off the protective tape on top of it. Install the ink cartridge into its slot.
- Put the color cartridge into the left slot and the black cartridge into the right.
- Close the ink cartridge locking cover and move the cover until it locks.
Canon Pixma ts8170 ink refill
- Tear the cartridge label and find the vent holes on top of the cartridge.
- Inject ink into the syringe and drill the hole to enlarge it.
- Pierce needle into the cartridge hole. Ensure that the needle reaches the cartridge’s bottom.
- Inject ink into the cartridge. Make sure that you do not overfill.
- Clean the top of the cartridge using a damp cloth.
- Redo the same procedure for other cartridges too.
- After that, close the holes using tape.
- Insert the ink cartridges into their slots.
- The printer prints an alignment page automatically.
Canon Pixma TS8170 check ink level
- Open the Canon Pixma TS8170 setup printer driver window on your computer.
- Launch the Canon IJ Status Monitor on your computer.
- Click on the Maintenance tab and select View Printer Status.
- The Canon IJ Status Monitor will display the ink status.
- You can check the ink status from the Canon IJ Status Monitor window.
- A diagrammatic representation of the ink level will be displayed on the screen.
- If necessary, select Ink Details and check the ink-related details.
- After checking, replace the empty or low ink cartridges on your printer to get good-quality prints.
Canon Pixma TS8170 how to print
Using the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer, you can print photos and documents. Make sure that you use the appropriate Canon ink cartridges to get high-quality prints.
- Press the Power button and turn on the Canon Pixma TS8170 setup printer.
- Ensure that you have installed the Canon printer driver on your computer.
- Load enough papers into the paper input tray.
- Install ink cartridges into the ink cartridge chamber.
- Launch the Canon printer driver’s setup window on your computer.
- Click on the Quick Setup tab, choose Commonly Used Settings and change them. Access the Additional features and other Media Type settings to modify the necessary print settings.
- Select Print Quality and choose the number of copies required.
- Now the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer will start to print the selected documents.
Canon Pixma TS8170 How to Scan
- Power on the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Position the original documents on the scanner flatbed.
- Close the top cover and launch the Canon IJ Scan Utility.
- Specify the paper size, PDF settings on the computer screen.
- Set the required scan settings and click OK in the settings window.
- Click Photo or document and start Scan.
- The Canon Pixma TS8170 setup printer starts to scan the original.
- Assign a folder in which you want to store the scanned files and click Save.
- In the Preview Scan, you can set the scan resolution.
- The documents will be automatically stored on your computer.
Canon Pixma TS8170 how to copy
- Make sure that the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer is turned on.
- Load enough papers into the paper input cassette.
- Tap the Copy menu on the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer’s operation panel.
- Select the Standard Copy and the Copy Standby screen will appear on the operation panel.
- Place the original on the scanner glass.
- Specify the necessary copy settings and choose the number of copies required.
- Use the arrow button to specify the number of copies.
- Press the Color menu for color copying or Black menu for black and white copying. The printer will start to copy the original documents.
Canon Pixma TS8170 reset
If you have made some changes and want to restore the factory defaults, proceed to reset the printer.
- Power off the Canon Pixma TS8170 setup printer by pressing the Power button.
- Press and hold the Stop and Power keys simultaneously.
- Release the Stop button and press it two more times.
- After 30 seconds, the printer will display O on the operation panel.
- Press the Stop button four times and tap the Power button twice.
- The Power button needs to be pushed once more to turn off the printer.
- Power the printer back on by pressing the Power button and the reset process completes.
- The Canon Pixma TS8170 printer will restore the factory default settings.
Canon Pixma TS8170 Troubleshooting
Problems occurring on the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer can be resolved by performing standard troubleshooting. You can read the guidelines given below to solve printer problems. Some common problems are discussed below. Read more to fix your Canon printer problems.
Canon Pixma TS8170 won’t print
Printing issue arises due to improper connectivity of the printer. Check the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer’s connection to fix the problem.
- Examine that the device you are using is connected to the same network as the printer.
- Position the Canon Pixma TS8170 setup printer closer to the access point.
- If you are using a wireless connection, reduce channel interference.
- Connect only your printer to the router and try printing.
- If you are using a USB wired connection, examine the USB cable.
- Replace the USB cable if it is damaged.
- Try to print a sample page from your computer.
- If the error prevails, proceed to clean the printer.
Canon Pixma TS8170 error
To solve the error occurring in the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer, follow the guidelines given below.
- Check whether the paper loaded matches the print settings on your computer.
- Go to the print settings and make changes according to your needs.
- Once done, click OK to confirm the settings.
- If the error prevails, replace the paper in the input cassette.
- Load appropriate papers into the paper input tray.
- Check the ink level and replace the empty or low ink cartridges.
- Power off the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer and unplug the cable.
- Reconnect the cable and try printing a sample page.
Canon Pixma TS8170 paper jam
To solve the paper jam issue, make sure that you remove jammed papers from the printer.
- Power off the Canon Pixma TS8170 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Open the operation panel and check for jammed paper.
- If the jammed paper is under the printhead holder, move the printhead.
- Hold the jammed paper in both hands and gently remove it.
- Ensure that all the jammed papers are removed from the tray.
- Close the operation panel and power on the printer.
- Try printing a sample page.
Canon Pixma TS8170 not turn on
The Canon Pixma TS8170 setup printer will not turn on if the power cord is not properly fixed into the power supply.
- Remove the power cord from the printer and power supply.
- Wait for sometime and plug the power cable into the power supply.
- Attach the other terminal of the power cable into the printer’s port.
- Tap the Power button and turn on the printer.
- Do not use adapters or electric strips to connect the printer to the power supply. Directly connect the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Now load appropriate papers and try printing a sample page.