How to Setup Canon TS3170 Printer
The Setup Canon TS3170 printer is designed to perform the Print, Scan and Copy functions. It is a stylish wireless all-in-one printer and can print up to 300 pages. It consists of 1.5 inches LCD with icon display and can indicate the connection status. To get high-quality prints from the Canon Pixma TS3170 printer, use the ink cartridges compatible with your printer.
How to setup Canon Pixma TS3170 Printer
- Open the shipment package and remove the packing materials.
- The printer’s package will consist of the USB cord, installation CD-ROM, user guides, and setup ink cartridges.
- Discard the styrofoam packing materials from the printer and remove the printer from the plastic cover. Now, position the printer on a flat and clean surface.
- Remove the orange stickers from the printer and remove the sticker from the printer’s operation panel.
- Affix the three pin plug into the power supply and the other terminal into the printer’s port.
- Press the Power button on the printer’s Operation panel and turn on the printer.
- Uncover the setup ink cartridges from its packaging and peel off the protective tape.
- Push the ink cartridge access handle and open the ink cartridge access door.
- Install the black ink cartridge into the slot present at the right side and the color ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Close the ink access door and open the paper input tray.
- Load papers into the paper input tray and proceed to install the printer drivers.
Canon Pixma TS3170 Driver
Generally, the Setup Canon TS3170 printer drivers will vary for Mac and Windows computer. Downloading the appropriate drivers for your printer is necessary. Click the link given on this site to download your printer drivers. You can also use the installation CD-ROM to install the printer drivers on your computer.
Canon Pixma TS3170 Driver Download
- Ascertain to power off the Canon printer before you proceed to download the drivers.
- Before you download the printer drivers, ensure that you have enough storage space on your computer.
- Delete the unwanted temporary files and clear the cache to retrieve storage space on your computer.
- Click the link given on this site to download the necessary printer drivers.
- You can locate the downloaded driver file in the Downloads folder.
- Once you run the setup file, the installer will be automatically launched on your computer.
- Follow the instructions and complete the driver installation process.
- After installation, restart your computer to accomplish the installation.
Canon Pixma TS3170 Driver Installation
- Tap the ON/OFF button and switch off your Setup Canon TS3170 printer.
- Click the Download link on this site to download the printer drivers.
- After the downloading process is completed, run the driver file.
- On the User Account Control screen, select the Continue option.
- Select the Easy Install option and confirm the list of applications appearing on the screen.
- Read the End User License Agreements and select Yes to accept it.
- When prompted, select the connection type as a USB Cable connection.
- Connect one terminal of the USB cable into the printer’s port.
- Attach another terminal of the USB cable into the computer’s port.
- Now, restart your computer and complete the driver installation process.
Canon Pixma TS3170 Manual
The right way to install your new printer is to read the user manual and then you should start the setup procedure. The user manual will give you detailed information about your printer. It also provides you the guidelines to solve any problem occurring on your computer. You can download the user manual from the link given on this site.
Canon TS3170 Wireless Setup
The Canon Pixma TS3120 printer is a wireless capable printer. Before you connect the printer to a wireless network, install the necessary printer drivers on your computer.
How to connect Canon Pixma TS3170 to wireless
- Download and install the Setup Canon TS3170 printer drivers.
- Click Next on the initial screen and initiate the installation process.
- On the Connection Method Selection screen, select the Wireless Connection option.
- Ascertain that the printer is powered ON and click Next.
- Click the Connect to the network option and select Cableless Setup.
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button until the orange light flashes two times.
- Now, the blue Wi-Fi light will flash on your printer.
- Accept the End User License Agreements and click Continue.
- Click Finish and complete the Wi-Fi setup.
- Try printing a sample page from your Canon Pixma TS3170 printer.
Canon TS3170 Airprint setup
The AirPrint feature is specially designed for the Mac operating system devices. To use the AirPrint feature, connect your printer and Mac device to the same network.
- Ensure that the Setup Canon TS3170 printer is powered on.
- Connect the printer and computer to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open an image or document that you want to print from your Mac device.
- Tap the Share icon and press the Print option.
- On the Printer options menu, select your Canon printer model.
- Select the number of copies and other necessary print settings and tap OK.
- Tap Print and the printer will start to print the selected files.
Canon TS3170 Cloud Print setup
- To use the Cloud Print feature, you must have an active Google account.
- If you do not have an account, create a Google account.
- Connect the printer and computer to the same wireless network.
- Tap the Setup button and use the navigation keys to select Web Services Setup. Press OK and when the Connection Setup option is prompted, tap OK.
- Press OK, when Google Cloud Print is displayed.
- Touch OK to print the authentication page.
- A unique URL will be printed on the authentication page.
- Sign in to your Google account and select your printer.
- Upload the files that you want to print and the Setup Canon TS3170 printer will print the uploaded documents.
Canon Pixma TS3170 Ink Cartridge Replacement
In Canon Pixma TS3170 printer, use the ink cartridges that are compatible with your printer. Replace any empty ink cartridges in your printer to get high-quality prints.
- Power on the Canon Pixma TS3170 printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access tray located at the center.
- Now, uninstall the empty or low ink cartridges from the ink cartridge slots.
- Uncover a new ink cartridge from its package and peel-off the orange protective tape. Install the Color ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Install the Black ink cartridge into the slot present at the right side.
- Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly installed.
- Close the cartridge access door and print an alignment page.
Canon Pixma TS3170 check ink level
- Mount the ink level detector on the Setup Canon TS3170 printer’s control panel.
- It detects the remaining ink level on the cartridge.
- See the ink level using the Color Ink or Black ink lamp.
- If the color and black lamp lights, the ink level is very low.
- Check if the print quality is satisfactory.
- Replace the old ink cartridge with a new one.
- If the color, black and alarm light flashes, an error occurred in the printer.
- You can also check the ink level from the system.
- Open the Canon IJ Status Monitor.
- Select the View Printer Status option under Maintenance.
- View the Estimated Ink Level on the system.
Canon Pixma TS3170 how to print
Printing is the primary function of the Canon Pixma TS3120 printer. Go through the instructions to complete the process.
- Switch on the Setup Canon TS3170 printer.
- Raise the paper tray and Drag the output tray.
- Fill plain sheets of paper with the print side facing downwards.
- Slide the paper width guides to the left side of the tray.
- See the paper status and current paper size on the LCD.
- Select the Paper Select icon to choose the paper size based on the paper loaded. Choose the My Image Garden icon on the Quick menu.
- Select the Photo Print icon. Select the folder you intend to print.
- Click Print to start the printing process.
Canon Pixma TS3170 how to scan
- Place the original document or photo on the platen along indicators of the printer.
- Use the Automatic Document Feeder to scan multiple pages at a time.
- Check if the printer contains a Scan button.
- Press the Scan button to start the scanning process.
- If the Scan button is available, use the IJ Scan Utility on your system.
- Open the software. Select the printer name on the list of available devices.
- Click Scan to start the scanning process.
- Wait till the scanned document displays on the screen.
- After a while, the document saves automatically to the destination folder on the system.
Canon Pixma TS3170 how to copy
- Place the document on the platen glass.
- Fill enough amount of paper on the main tray.
- Align the document along the engraved guides.
- Press the Copy icon on the printer’s operation panel.
- Choose the page size and magnification.
- Use the up and down arrows to specify the number of copies.
- Press either the Color or Black buttons for black and white copies.
- The printer starts copying.
Canon Pixma TS3170 reset
If you need to change your access point, reset network settings to factory default. Proceed with the instructions to resolve the issue.
- Force-press the Power button on the Setup Canon TS3170 printer to turn it on.
- Unplug the power cable from the printer’s rear and the wall socket.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer.
- After a while, reconnect them. Turn on the printer.
- The other method is to press the Maintenance button until the LED displays.
- Press the Color or Black buttons.
- Wait till the network settings initialize.
- The network settings are reset back to factory default settings.
Canon Pixma TS3170 Troubleshooting
Canon Pixma TS3170 printer encounters various types of issue. The issues are the printing issue, connection issue, and paper jam. Solutions for all problems are given below.
Canon TS3170 won’t scan
If you are unable to scan from your Canon MP495 printer, the steps given below may help to fix the issue.
- Install a compatible driver for the Setup Canon TS3170 printer model.
- Run Hardware Troubleshooter if the issue persists.
- The tool verifies the hardware connected to the system.
- Press Windows and W keys at a time on the keyboard.
- Type troubleshooting-> View All-> Hardware and Devices-> Advanced.
- Select the Run as Administrator option under Advanced.
- Proceed with the instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Canon TS3170 error e3
If the original size of the document is not correctly detected. If the Fit-To-Page is chosen, follow the instructions to fix the issue.
- Ensure that the documents meet its prerequisites.
- Load the document or photo on the platen glass correctly.
- Open the Document Cover. Do not place any foreign objects on the cover.
- Place the document with the side to scan facing down on the glass.
- Align the document with the alignment mark.
- Check if the position and direction of the document inserted on the glass.
Canon TS3170 error 5200
If there is an issue with the faulty cartridge or problem with the logic board of the printer, the error code 5200 displays on the display of the printer’s control panel.
- Turn off the printer. Halt for some time and turn it on again.
- Remove the power cord from the printer’s rear and wall socket.
- Turn on the printer after a while. Long-press the Stop button for 2 seconds.
- Press the ON button, hold it and release the Stop button.
- Long-press the Stop button five times and release the ON and Stop buttons together. The LCD screen will be blank indicating the printer is reset.
Canon Pixma TS3170 paper jam
If the paper jams inside the printer, it is necessary to remove it. Proceed with the instructions to fix it.
- Locate the jammed paper from the rear tray and paper output slot.
- Remove the jammed papers inside the Setup Canon TS3170 printer.
- Open the scanner lid and find the jammed paper inside the printer.
- Discard the jammed paper from the printer.
- Use a flashlight to find the stuck paper in the printer.
- Reconfigure the printer to resolve the issue.