Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup Guide
The Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup is a single function wireless printer which uses the color inkjet technology provided with advanced media handling ability. Canon Pixma IP7270 weighs approximately 6.6 kgs. It can hold up to 125 plain papers in the input tray, and provides double front paper cassettes of two different sizes of paper, direct disc print, and auto duplex print. It is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS version 10.5 onwards.
Unbox Canon Pixma IP7270 setup instructions
- Tear off the tape from the Canon Pixma IP7270 printer’s shipment package.
- In the printer’s package, you can notice an installation CD-ROM, Get Started guide, SETUP ink cartridges, and power cord.
- Gently remove the printer from the box and position it on a clean table.
- Discard all the wrappers, sticking materials, and other styrofoam materials from the printer.
- Connect one terminal of the power cord into the power supply.
- Plug another terminal of the power cord into the printer’s port.
- Remove the orange plastic material from the new ink cartridges.
- Install the SETUP ink cartridges into the appropriate ink cartridge slot.
- Load papers into the paper input tray, and power on the Canon Pixma IP7270 printer.
- Download and install the Canon Pixma IP7270 setup printer drivers from the link given on this site.
- After installation, try printing a sample page from your printer.
Canon Pixma IP7270 Driver Download
The printer drivers are essential because they allow the printer to perform its functions. Download the Canon IJ printer drivers from the link given on this site. You can also install the Canon printer drivers from the installation CD-ROM provided with the Canon Pixma IP7270 printer. The drivers for Windows and Mac computer will vary. Therefore, ensure that you are downloading the compatible version of printer drivers for your computer. Follow the on-screen instructions, and choose the connectivity method during the Canon Pixma IP7270 driver installation process.
Canon IP7270 Driver Download for Windows 10
- Power off the Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup printer before you download the printer drivers.
- Before you download the Canon printer drivers, clear the cache and other unwanted temporary files from your Windows computer.
- Now, click the Download link given on this site to download the drivers for your printer.
- Once you click the Download link, the download process will be initiated on your Windows computer.
- Locate the downloaded setup file in the Downloads folder.
- Double-click on the p846l-win-ip7200-1-ea32_2.exe file and initiate the installer.
- In the Windows computer, Administrator Rights screen will be prompted when you try to install or uninstall any software.
Canon IP7270 Driver Download for Mac
- Power off the Canon IP7270 printer if it is already ON.
- Disconnect any USB cables from the printer.
- Now, delete all the unwanted temporary files from your Mac computer.
- Click the link given on this site to download the printer drivers on your Mac computer.
- The drivers will vary for Windows and Mac OS computers. Ensure that you download the appropriate version for your Mac computer.
- Double-click on the mfuu-mac-ip7200-1_0b-ea7.dmg.
- The installer will be launched on your Mac computer.
- Follow the setup guidelines and install the Canon Pixma IP7270 setup printer drivers on your Mac computer.
How to Install Canon IP7270 Driver
The Canon Pixma IP7270 driver installation can be done using the installation CD-ROM provided with the printer, or you can download the drivers from the link given on this site. The drivers will vary for the Mac and Windows computer. After you download the drivers, launch the installer to initiate the installation process. The installer will guide you through the printer setup procedure. Connect the USB cable into the printer only when it is prompted. Don’t forget to choose the connection type during the driver installation.
Canon IP7270 Printer Installation for Mac
- Connect one terminal of the USB cable into the Mac computer.
- Attach another terminal of the USB cable into the Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup printer’s port.
- Check whether the printer is powered on.
- Now, click the link given on this site and download the necessary printer drivers on your Mac computer.
- Go to the Downloads location and click on the driver file twice.
- On the Authentication screen, type your administrator name and password.
- Click OK and select the Easy Install option from the main menu.
- The list of applications to install appears on your screen.
- Click Install and agree to the End User Agreements by clicking Yes.
- Select Next on the Setup Complete screen and restart your computer.
Canon IP7270 Printer Installation for Windows
- Be sure to power off the Canon machine before you start with the installation.
- Switch on your Windows computer and load the installation CD-ROM into the CD-Drive.
- The installer will launch automatically on your computer.
- If the AutoPlay screen prompts on your computer, select Run Msetup4.exe.
- Click Continue on the End User Account Control screen and select Easy Install.
- Now, the list of applications included with the drivers will be displayed.
- Click Install and carefully read the End User Terms and Agreements.
- Select the Yes option and accept the End User Terms and Agreements.
- Choose the connection type as USB on the Printer Connection screen.
- Connect one terminal of the USB cable into the Canon Pixma IP7270 setup printer’s port.
- Attach another terminal into the computer’s USB port and complete the installation.
Canon IP7270 Manual
The Canon Pixma IP7270 printer’s manual will be provided with the printer. You can also download the printer manual from the link given on this site. The user manual gives you quick and simple guidelines to install and set up your printer. It also gives you a clear understanding of the problems arising on your printer, and suggests appropriate remedies to overcome a problem. You can click the particular topic on the index and it will be automatically navigated to the required content.
Canon IP7270 Wireless Setup
- Download the Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup printer drivers by clicking the link given on this site.
- Run the downloaded file and click Next on the initial installer screen.
- Click Next and choose the connection on the Connection Method Selection screen.
- Click on the Wireless Connection method and now turn on the printer.
- Select the Cableless Setup and press the Wi-Fi button on the printer.
- Wait until the orange lamp flashes on the Operation panel.
- Ascertain that the Blue Wi-Fi lamp blinks quickly and the green power light is lit.
- Click Next and then select your preferences.
- Accept the License Agreements and follow the guidelines appearing on the screen.
- Enter your Access Point password and complete the setup.
Canon IP7270 print head cleaning
- Check if the Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup printer and the system are connected using a USB cable.
- Delete all the print jobs that are in progress.
- Open the IJ Printer Utility. Choose System Preferences under the Apple menu.
- Select the Print & Fax option.
- Check if the printer name is selected based on the OS version.
- Open the Utility/Printer Setup icon.
- Choose the printer name from the list by clicking the Maintenance option.
- Click the Test Print option to print.
- Fill plain sheets of paper on the main tray.
- Select the Cleaning option to perform the cleaning.
- Choose the respective ink for cleaning and click OK.
- Do the necessary cleaning process if required.
Canon IP7270 print head alignment
- Launch the Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup printer driver setup window.
- Select the Maintenance option on the window.
- Click the Custom Settings option. View the dialog box on the screen.
- Select the Align Printhead manually option.
- Set the Settings on the system.
- Click OK for the confirmation page to display.
- Choose the Maintenance tab option and click the Printhead Alignment option. Keep some plain sheets of paper on the main tray.
- Carry out the printhead alignment.
- Verify the printed pattern and click all the necessary values.
- Select OK to start the cleaning process.
Canon IP7270 cartridge reset
- Take the ink cartridge out of the Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup printer.
- Place the cartridge into a resetter’s main channel.
- Check if the ink cartridge chip is in contact with the contact plate on the resetter.
- Press on the top of the cartridge for a few seconds.
- Check if the LCD light displays on the chip setter.
- Wait until the LCD light remains stable.
- Remove the cartridge from the chip resetter.
- Redo the same process of other cartridges too.
- After completing, install the ink cartridges into their holders.
Canon ip7270 Printer Troubleshooting
Is your printer facing any issues? Are you unable to resolve the problems? The first printer issues such as printer not printing, not responding, orange light flashing, etc., are mentioned below. It is necessary to fix all the problems to start the printing process. Reset the printer with the help of the steps mentioned. Unplug the power cable from the printer. Wait for a while, turn on the printer, and replug the cable. This will solve most of the printer issues. Refer to the steps below to get detailed solutions for the problems.
Canon ip7270 not printing
- Inspect the power cable to check if there is any damage in it.
- If yes, replace the old cable with a new one.
- Connect the printer straight to an electrical outlet rather than a surge protector.
- Reset the printer to resolve the Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup printer issues.
- Check if the ink level is very low.
- Low ink cartridges need to be replaced with a new one.
- See the ink level of the printer using the software.
- After resolving the issue, try to print from the printer.
- If the issue is fixed, start the printing process.
Canon ip7270 printer not responding
- There are various possible reasons for the printer not responding issue.
- Reboot the system and router because it is possible that it has lost connection. Check for the signal strength if the printer is connected to a wireless network. Move both the printer and system close to the router for better signal strength.
- Verify if the access point and the wireless printer are communicating.
- Deactivate the firewall settings as it blocks the communication.
- Set the firewall to allow communication.
- Check if the network name in the printer is the same as that on the system. If the printer does not detect the access points, reboot the printer and system.
Canon ip7270 orange light flashing
- If the orange light flashes, count the number of flashes to identify the issue.
- If the number of flashes is two, the printer is out of paper.
- Reload the paper on the cassette and press the Resume button on the printer.
- If the number of flashes is three, it can be due to the paper jam issue.
- Remove all the jammed papers from the printer.
- If the number of flashes is four, check if the ink tank is installed.
- If the ink tank is not detected, uninstall and reinstall the ink tank.
- If the flashes are five, check if the printhead is installed correctly.
- Damage in the printhead may be the reason for the issue.
- Replace the printhead to resolve the issue.
Canon ip7270 how to load paper
- Drag the cassette out of the Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup printer.
- Move the front paper guide to its farthest position.
- Move the guide to the sides of the paper.
- Check if the left and right paper width guides move together.
- Place the supplied paper on the main cassette.
- Move the guide to fit the paper size.
- Align the cassette back and press the Open button.
- Long-press the Resume/Cancel buttons.
- After a while, blue-black paper prints.
- Choose the cassette based on the paper size to be inserted.
- Place the paper with the printable side down on the paper tray.
Canon ip7270 factory reset
- Press the Resume button on the printer for a few minutes.
- After a while, release the button.
- Detach the power cable of the printer.
- If the reset process does not happen, move to the next step.
- Replug the Power cable by holding the Power button.
- Release the Power button.
- Long-press the Resume button on the printer for two minutes.
- After some time, release the Power button.
- The Canon Pixma IP7270 Setup printer resets the factory settings.