Know about the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup
Canon Pixma g2010 Setup is an ink tank printer with multifunctionality. The Canon Pixma g2010 printer supports printing, scanning and copying features. Use the USB cable to connect the printer and system. It is ideal for both home and office use. It supports a wide range of paper types. The pricing for the printer is nominal.
How to set up Canon Pixma g2010 printer?
- Use a knife to cut the tape on top of the printer’s shipment box.
- Take the printer from the box and place it on a leveled surface.
- Remove all the packing materials surrounding the box.
- Open the top cover of the printer and ink cartridge lever.
- Take the new ink cartridges from their package.
- Rip the protective tape on top of the cartridge.
- Insert it into their slot. Check if the cartridges are correctly inserted.
- Open the lid on top of the ink tank.
- Twist the cap to open the refill bottle.
- Pour the ink into the hole and ensure that the ink is not overfilled.
- Close the lid and redo the same steps for cyan, magenta and yellow.
- Insert the power cable between the printer’s rear and wall outlet.
- Press the Power button on the control panel of the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup printer.
- Wait until the printer turns on and view a green light on the printer indicating power connection.
Why is a driver used?
Canon G2010 printer uses IJ Printer driver. It is installed on the system so that it helps to communicate between the devices. It converts the application data into printer supported data. Use the starter CD to install the driver on the system. Ensure that the driver is compatible with the printer model and operating system version.
Get to know how to download Canon Pixma g2010 driver?
- Locate the driver link on the website.
- Double-click the driver link to begin the download process.
- The setup file for the Windows system is in the .exe.
- The file downloads automatically in the Downloads folder.
- Click the Open option to view the list of files.
- Select the Save option to store the download file in the system.
- Check if the system connects to an Internet.
- Do not switch off the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup printer and system while downloading.
- The file type and version may vary depending on the system.
- Check for the memory space before installing the driver.
How to install Canon Pixma g2010 driver?
- Use the starter CD to install the driver. Load the CD into the disc drive.
- View the list of file on the screen. Choose the setup file to begin the installation process.
- Double-click the file to complete the installation. If the setup file does not install, download the driver. After downloading, click the setup file to begin the installation.
- Choose the connection type as USB. Carry out the on-screen instructions o complete the installation.Use the starter CD to install the driver.
- Load the CD into the disc drive.View the list of file on the screen.
- Choose the setup file to begin the installation process.
- Double-click the file to complete the installation.
- If the setup file does not install, download the driver.
- After downloading, click the setup file to begin the installation.
- Choose the connection type as USB.
- Carry out the on-screen instructions o complete the installation.
- See the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup printer name on the list of available devices.
- Update the driver to get all the latest functionality of the printer.
What are the methods used to print from the printer?
- Verify if the printer is turned on.
- Fill plain paper on the main tray.
- Launch the printer driver’s screen.
- Choose the Additional Features such as Media, type and Printer Size.
- Click the Print Quality option. Chose Either High, Standard or Draft.
- The print quality varies based on the print setting.
- Click OK to start the printing process.
- Use the Borderless printing feature to print photos without margins.
- Open the printer driver and set the Borderless Printing option.
- Choose the Page Layout option and click Borderless.
- Select OK to start the printing process.
Check the steps below for scanning
- Use the Auto Scan feature to detect the media on the platen glass.
- Check if the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup printer is turned on.
- Place a document or photo on the platen glass.
- Launch the IJ Scan Utility option and click Auto.
- Change the scan settings on the software.
- The scanned file stores automatically in the destination folder.
- Use the scanner driver to scan the documents.
- Launch the IJ Scan Utility option to start the documents.
- Select the ScanGear option on the main screen.
- Choose the printer name from the list and start the scanning.
Necessary steps to copy from the printer?
- Lift the paper cover and then open the output tray and its extension.
- Align the paper with the printed side facing upwards on the platen.
- Move the paper width guides for a secure alignment.
- Raise the document cover.
- Fill plain sheets of paper on the main tray.
- Close the document cover.
- Use the Black or Color buttons to start the copy process.
- Get the printed documents on the output tray.
How to connect the printer and system?
- Check if the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup printer and the system are in the active mode.
- Download the driver for the system from the website.
- After downloading, install the setup file on the system.
- Select the Start Setup option after the installation begins.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions mentioned on the screen.
- A set of instructions displays on the screen.
- Select the USB Connection option under the Select Connection method.
- Attach the USB cable between your printer and system when the system prompts. Complete the installation process by clicking the Finish option.
- View the printer name on the list of available devices.
How to refill the ink tanks?
- Check the ink level on the printer’s control panel.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the Power button.
- Raise the scanning unit/cover.
- Never handle the interior of the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup printer as it may result in ink system failure.
- Raise the left ink tank cover to refill the black ink tank.
- Open the ink bottle cap to be refilled.
- Place the nozzle of the ink bottle on the bottle guide on the printer.
- Insert the nozzle into the inlet. Do not squeeze the ink bottle.
- Ensure that the color ink tanks are filled with the responding color ink bottles.
- Close the cover for a secure alignment.
Check the ink level?
How to clean the print head
- If the printer encounters any quality issues with the printer, clean the printhead. Check if the printer is turned on.
- Locate the Setup button on the printer’s operation panel and press on it.
- View 1 number on the LCD. Again press the + button and view two on the LCD. Press either Black or Color buttons on the printer’s control panel.
- Wait until the printer starts cleaning the printhead.
- Wait for the ON light to display on the printer.
- Verify if the printhead condition on the screen
- Try to check the nozzle check pattern on the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup printer.
- If you wish to perform the deep printhead cleaning, go through the steps below.
- Press the Setup button and see if the one display on LCD>
- Long -press the + button and see if the 3 number displays on LCD>
- Follow the same procedure for the deep cleaning process.
Canon Pixma g2010 Printing Problems
If you are printing with a printer, you may face various printing problems. Resolving the issue is necessary to begin the printing process.
Paper does not feed properly
- Check if the paper is appropriately inserted on the main tray.
- Overfilling of papers is not suggested.
- Insert the paper on the portrait orientation.
- Check if the paper is inserted with the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup print side facing upwards.
- Do not insert curled or wrinkled papers on the tray.
- Check if the media type and paper size are similar to the inserted paper.
- Remove all the foreign objects from the rear tray.
- Wipe the dust or debris located on the paper feed roller.
Scanner does not work
- Verify if the printer and the scanner are switched on.
- Link the cable to a different USB port of the system.
- Detach other cables connected to the USB hub.
- Multiple devices connected to the USB hub may result in an insufficient power supply. Use a cable less than m in length.
- Inspect the cable for any physical damage.
- Replace it with a new one if there is an issue with the cable.
- Reboot the printer and system to fix the issue.
USB Connection problems
- Check for the port in which the printer is connected.
- If the printer is connected to USB 1.1, it works slowly.
- The printing and scanning speed will be slow because of the communication speed. Check if the cable is Hi-Speed certified.
- The driver for the USB cable is working correctly.
- Install the updated version of the driver if required.
- Check if the USB cable is connected correctly. Ensure that the Enable bidirectional support is selected in the Ports sheet of the driver.
Cannot install MP Drivers
- If the installation does not start automatically, go through the steps below.
- Select the Start button in your Windows 10 operating system.
- Click the File Explorer option and select the This PC option from the list.
- Double-click the setup file to start the installation process.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Canon Pixma g2010 Setup printer driver.
- Remove all the unnecessary files from the system.
- Check if the driver is compatible with the printer model and OS version.