Canon Pixma TS5170 setup Support
Setting up the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer is an easy task. The components included in the box are a USB cable, power cable, ink cartridges, warranty card, and user manual. If any materials in the box are missing, call the manufacturer.
How to setup Canon Pixma TS5170 printer
- Open the box after cutting the tape on top of it. Check for items included in the box.
- Take all the packing materials that surround the box.
- Tear the protective tape and materials inside the box.
- Use the power cable located in the box to establish the connection.
- Link one end of the printer’s power cable to the printer’s rear and the other end to a wall outlet. Look for the Power button on the printer and push it to turn on the device.
- Raise the operation panel and press the ON button.
- Use Up & Down arrows to choose a language and click OK.
- Scroll down, select either the Agree or Do not Agree option and click OK.
- Read the message on the screen and press OK.
- Raise the scanner unit to insert the ink cartridge into the holder.
- Push the lever on the ink cartridge cover to close it firmly.
- Pull the input tray to insert compatible papers.
- Install a compatible Canon Pixma TS5170 setup driver on the system using the software CD.
Download Canon Pixma TS5170 Driver
The Canon Pixma TS5170 printer uses the IJ printer driver printing. It is a software that requires to be installed on the system for printing data. This software is compatible with different formats and needs to be compatible with the printer.
Canon Pixma TS5170 Driver Download
- Locate the link mentioned on the website.
- Double-click the driver download link on the page. The setup file downloads automatically and gets saved in the Downloads folder.
- If the driver is used in the Windows system, the setup file extension is .exe.
- If the driver is used in the Mac system, the setup file is available in .dmg.
- Check if the system has an active internet connection.
- Do not turn off the computer while the download is in progress.
- The transfer time may vary based on internet speed.
- Uninstall the duplicate Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer driver on the system if present.
- Go through the instructions mentioned below to install the driver.
Canon Pixma TS5170 Driver Installation
- The setup file is available in the Downloads folder.
- Double-click on it to commence the installation.
- Launch the installer on the system.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Wait until the installation process begins.
- Install the driver on the system using the on-screen prompts.
- Use the steps mentioned on the screen to complete the process.
- Terminate the process by clicking the Complete option.
- A message displays on the screen prompting you to reboot the system.
- Restart the system to conclude the installation process.
Canon Pixma TS5170 Manual
The manual is available in a soft as well as hard copy. Get the hard copy of the manual from the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer’s shipment box. It contains instructions and pictorial representations of the setup procedure. If the hard copy is unavailable, download the driver from our website. Click the link to initiate the download process.
Canon Pixma TS5170 wireless setup
The wireless connection is a secure method to connect the printer to a network. Learn how to connect the printer to a network using the steps provided below.
How to connect Canon Pixma TS5170 to wireless
- Launch the IJ Network Device Device Setup Utility.
- Locate the Home button on the printer’s operational panel.
- Click the Network Status icon on the LCD.
- Verify whether the message is displayed on the screen and click Yes.
- Click the LAN Settings option.
- Choose the Wireless LAN -> Wireless LAN setup -> Easy Wireless Connect.
- View the message on the screen and click Yes.
- Go through the instructions on the screen.
- If a setup complete message appears, click OK.
Canon Pixma TS5170 USB setup
A USB connection is one of the easiest methods of connecting the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer to a system. Learn how to connect the printer to a system using the procedure below.
- Download the printer driver on your system.
- After downloading, install it using the on-screen prompts.
- Launch the setup file on the system.
- View the AutoPlay screen and click Yes to Continue. If the User Account Control Panel appears on the screen, select the Easy Install option.
- It installs application, software and on-screen manuals installed.
- Click the Custom Install option if you wish to choose particular items.
- Choose the Use the Printer via USB option and select the Next option.
- Perform the on-screen instructions to proceed with the installation.
- When the system prompts, connect the printer and the system using a USB cable. After completing the connection, click the Finish option.
Canon Pixma TS5170 ink cartridge replacement
A low ink level alert displays on the operation panel of the printer. In such cases, it is required to replace the ink cartridge.
- Check if the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer is in an active state. Raise the scanner cover on top of the printer.
- Refrain from proceeding until the printhead holder moves to the replacement position.
- Make sure that the Fine cartridge holder has not stopped.
- Take the old ink cartridges from the holder.
- Purchase compatible ink cartridges from a trusted provider.
- Remove the protective tape on top. Install a new set of ink cartridges into their holder.
- Close the ink cartridge lever to secure the installation.
- Ensure that they are correctly inserted on their positions. Align the printhead properly.
Canon Pixma TS5170 Ink Refill
- Check if the ink cartridge is empty.
- Press on top of the cartridge and remove it from the slot. Make sure that the ink reservoir is empty. Use an refill kit to initiate the refilling process.
- Place the cartridge on a paper or towel.
- Use a syringe to inject ink into the cartridge.
- Locate the hole where the ink comes from.
- Eject ink into the hole to fill the sponge with ink.
- Use tape to cover the pierced hole to avoid ink leakage.
- Install the refilled cartridge into the holder.
- Make sure that the cartridges are properly installed.
Canon Pixma TS5170 check ink level
- Open the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer driver setup window.
- Launch the Canon IJ Status Monitor on your computer.
- Click on the Maintenance tab and select View Printer Status.
- The Canon IJ Status Monitor will display the ink status.
- Check the ink status from the Canon IJ Status Monitor window.
- A diagrammatic representation of the ink level will be displayed on the screen.
- If necessary, select Ink Details to check the ink-related details.
- After checking, replace the empty or low ink cartridges on your printer to get high-quality prints.
Canon Pixma TS5170 how to print
You can print photos and documents using the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer. To get the best results, use the ink cartridges that are compatible with the printer.
- Select the Power button to power on the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer.
- Be sure that you have installed the necessary Canon printer drivers on your computer. Load appropriate papers into the paper input tray.
- Ensure that you have installed the ink cartridges into the ink cartridge slot.
- Launch the Canon printer driver’s setup window on your computer.
- Select the Quick Setup tab and click Commonly Used Settings to choose the predefined print settings.
- Access the Additional features and other Media Type settings to change the necessary print settings.
- Click the Print Quality and select the desired print quality from the High, Standard, or Draft options. Select the paper source and click OK. Now, the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer will start to print the selected document.
Canon Pixma TS5170 How to Scan
- Press the Power button on the printer’s operation panel and switch on the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer.
- Position the original document on the glass.
- Close the top cover and start the Canon IJ Scan Utility.
- Specify the paper size, PDF settings, and click Settings.
- Change the required scan settings and click OK in the Settings window.
- Click Photo or document and start Scan.
- Now, the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer starts to scan the original.
- You can choose the destination folder and click Save.
- In the Preview Scan window, set the Scan resolution.
- The documents will be automatically stored on your computer.
Canon Pixma TS5170 how to Copy
- Make sure that the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer is powered on.
- Load sufficient papers into the paper input tray.
- On the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer’s operation panel, tap the Copy menu.
- Select the Standard Copy, and the Copy Standby screen will appear on the operation panel.
- Position the original documents or photos on the scanner platen.
- Specify the required copy settings and select the number of copies required.
- Use the arrow buttons to mention the number of copies. The Canon Pixma TS5170 printer’s operation panel displays the Copy Settings. Tap the Color button for color copying or Black button for Black and White copying.
- The printer will start to copy the original documents and remove them from the platen glass after copying.
Canon Pixma TS5170 reset
You can reset the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer if you want to restore the factory defaults on your Canon printer.
- Power off the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer by tapping the Power button.
- Press and hold the Stop and Power keys simultaneously.
- Release the Stop button and press it twice.
- After 30 seconds, the printer will display O on the operation panel.
- Tap the Stop button four times and press the Power button twice.
- Push the Power button once again to turn off the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer.
- Power on the printer by pressing the Power button and the reset process completes.
- The Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer will restore the settings to default.
Canon Pixma TS5170 troubleshooting
Some common issues can be resolved by performing troubleshooting methods. General printing issues can be fixed by checking the connectivity or ink cartridges. You can also read the user manual to perform the troubleshooting process on your printer.
Canon Pixma TS5170 won’t print
To solve the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer’s printing issue, re-connect the printer to your computer.
- Power on the Canon Pixma TS5170 printer by pressing the Power button.
- If you are using a USB wire, inspect the cable for any damage.
- If the USB cable is damaged, replace it.
- For a wireless connection, position the printer close to the router.
- This reduces the channel interference of your network.
- Try to print a document from your Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer.
- If the error prevails, reset the printer to restore the factory defaults.
Canon Pixma TS5170 Paper Jam
Do not panic if the paper is jammed inside the feeder. You can follow the guidelines below to remove the jammed papers from the printer.
- Gently pull out the jammed papers from the output tray.
- Now, open the rear tray and hold the jammed papers with both hands.
- Make sure that you remove all the jammed papers from the printer.
- After removing them, reload the papers into the input tray.
- The printer will resume printing, and you can reprint the page.
- If you have encountered the same issue, contact the nearest Canon service center to repair your printer.
Canon Pixma TS5170 Not turn on
To solve the printer’s power issues, follow the guidelines suggested below.
- Connect the printer’s power cable into the wall outlet.
- Do not use adapters or other electrical strips to connect the printer to a power source.
- Attach the other terminal of the printer’s power cord into the printer’s rear.
- Now, press the Power button and try to power on the Canon Pixma TS5170 setup printer. If the issue persists, service the printer.