Canon Pixma G3010 Setup Support
The Canon Pixma G3010 Setup printer is specially designed for high volume printing at low cost. It uses the high yield ink tanks which can print up to 7000 pages. The new spill-resistant ink bottles reduces spillage during the filling process. It also supports the mobile printing solutions that enables you to access the printer from your smartphone or computer.
How to setup Canon Pixma G3010 Printer
To set up the Canon Pixma G3010 printer, you need to unwrap it from the box, remove all the seals and tape, load papers in the tray, fix the ink cartridges, ensure the provision of power supply, give network connection, and download the driver software & install them.
- Unwrap the printer box and examine if there are any defects in it.
- Remove all the seals and tape around the printer, scanner lid, paper tray, cartridge access door, cleanout area, and other regions.
- Load papers in the tray.
- Place the ink cartridges in the respective places.
- Connect the printer to a power supply.
- Give a network connection to the printer.
- Download the printer driver software and install them.
Driver Download in Canon G3010 using CD ROM
To download the driver in Canon Pixma G3010 Setup using CD ROM, click COMPUTER and double click the CD-ROM icon and again double click the extension link.
- Turn the printer and computer ON. Make sure there is network access.
- Insert the CD ROM into the drive.
- Press the START button, and then click MY COMPUTER.
- Double click the CD-ROM icon in the displayed window.
- Double click the extension displayed in the contents of the CD-ROM.
- Download and install the driver to start printing.
- Go to the manufacturer’s website to install the driver as an alternative method.
Canon G3010 Manual Download
The Canon Printer G3010 manual consists of the following guidelines, for the convenience of its users. The instructions for Basic Operation, Network, Maintenance, Handling paper, originals, Ink Tanks, etc., information about the paper, Printing, Copying, Scanning, are mentioned in the manual.
How to Print in Canon Pixma G3010 from a smartphone
To print in Canon Pixma G3010 Setup from a smartphone, you need to download the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app in your mobile.
- Open the paper support, which is at the top of the printer.
- Pull the paper tray outwards and open the output tray extension.
- Load the stack of paper in the tray with the print side facing upwards.
- Align the papers using the paper width guides.
- Open the Canon Print inkjet/SELPHY app from your tablet or smartphone.
- Click PHOTO PRINT in the SELPHY app. A list of photos saved on your mobile will be displayed on the printer.
- Choose a photo. You can also choose multiple photos at the same time.
- Mention the number of copies, paper size, etc.
- Click the PRINT option.
How to print Photos in Canon Pixma G3010 from Computer
To print photos in Canon Pixma G3010 Setup in a computer, download MY IMAGE GARDEN application. It is only a few-step process after you load papers in the tray.
- Open the paper output tray and its extension.
- Open the paper support.
- Place the paper in the tray with the print side facing upwards.
- Align the papers using the paper width guides.
- Click the MY IMAGE GARDEN icon in the Quick menu. The guide menu window displays on the screen.
- Click the Photo print icon in the guide menu.
- Select the folder with photos that you want to print.
- Choose the photos to be printed. For multiple photos, click Images while pressing the Ctrl key. Select PRINT.
- Mention the number of copies, the printer name, media type, etc. and select PRINT.
Canon G3000 how to check ink level
In Canon Pixma G3000 printer, you can check the ink levels from the ink level notification center or using the integrated ink tank system.
- The Canon Pixma G3000 printer is designed with the integrated ink tank system.
- You will notice tri-color ink tanks present at the left side of the printer.
- Check the ink levels by viewing the ink tanks.
- You can also check the printer’s ink level from your computer.
- On your computer, open the printer driver setup window.
- Click the Maintenance tab and select Remaining Ink Notification Settings.
- If necessary, you can enable the printer to display an error message when the ink level is running low.
- Apply the updated settings and click OK to close the Maintenance tab.
How to Print Envelopes in Canon Pixma G3010
To print envelopes in Canon Pixma G3010 Setup, you need to load only the Envelope DL and Envelope Com 10. You cannot print envelopes from the operation panel. It is just a two-step process. Prepare the envelopes and load them on the tray in order to publish.
- Press all the edges and corners of the envelope’s top to flatten them.
- Press the leading edge in the insertion direction and sharpen the crease.
- Open the paper support to start printing.
- Pull the paper output tray and the tray extension outwards.
- Load envelopes with the print side facing upwards. You can load up to ten envelopes at once.
- Align them using the paper width guides. Make sure you don’t slide the guides hard against the envelopes.
- Click PRINT.
- Select the type of envelope and the orientation of printing on the settings screen of the computer and click OK.
How to setup Duplex Printing for Canon G3010
To set up duplex printing in Canon Pixma G3010 Setup, you need to open the printer driver setup window. You can open it, either from the application software or by clicking the printer icon.
- Choose the printer driver setup window from the application software or by just clicking the Print icon.
- Tick the duplex printing check box on the Page Setup tab.
- Select Fit-to-Page, Normal size, Scaled or Page Layout from the Page Layout list.
- Mention the side to be stapled. Orientation and Page Layout settings will automatically select the best stapling side.
- Click Specify Margin to set the margin width and select OK.
- Click OK again on the Page Setup tab. The document starts printing on one side of the sheet.
- Reload the paper correctly according to the information displayed.
- Click START PRINTING to print the other side.
To save a printing profile in Canon Pixma G3010
To save a printing profile in Canon Pixma G3010 Setup, you can open the printer driver setup window and follow the below guidelines. You can keep them in COMMONLY USED SETTINGS on the QUICK SETUP tab.
- Download the printer driver our website and install it.
- Open the printer driver setup window.
- Click QUICK SETUP TAB and choose Commonly Used Settings.
- Select the printing profile and change the settings in ADDITIONAL FEATURES.
- Click SAVE and the Save Commonly Used Settings dialog box opens.
- Enter the name and set other preferences like page size, orientation, copies, etc. Click OK to save the print settings.
How do you switch page size between A4 and Letter
You can switch the page size between A4 and letter in just five easy steps. Turn the printer ON. Click the SETUP button followed by the + button. Choose the Black button to select A4 or Color button to select Letter.
- Turn the printer ON.
- Open the paper tray extension outwards.
- Load the papers (say A4/Letter) in the tray.
- Touch the Setup button until ‘1’ appears on the LCD.
- Click + button until ‘17’ appears.
- Press the Black button to print A4 papers.
- Touch the Color button to select Letter.
How to scan Documents and Photos in Canon Pixma G3010
To scan the items placed on the platen, make sure you fix the proper settings. Save the documents or photos in a correct format. You need to use the IJ Scan Utility to scan in Canon Pixma G3010 Setup.
- Place the document or photo on the platen.
- Click IJ Scan utility.
- Click SETTINGS and set the paper size, resolution, PDF settings, etc.
- Specify slant correction & emphasis.
- Set the destination of the scanned images.
- Click OK when the setting is completed.
- Select the document or photo to be scanned.
- Click OK to scan.
How to refill Ink Cartridges in Canon Pixma G3010
To refill ink cartridges in Canon Pixma G3010 Setup, check the level of the tank. If the level of the ink is near the lower limit line, refill the ink tank.
- Turn the printer ON. Ensure that the printer remains flat after initial setup as ink in the printer may leak.
- Open the scanning unit with utmost care. Do not touch the other parts inside the printer.
- Open the left ink tank cover to refill the black ink tank.
- Open the right ink tank cover to refill the color ink tanks.
- Pull the tank cap for the ink to be refilled.
- Take the new ink bottle out of the package.
- Hold the ink bottle upwards and twist the bottle cap to open it.
- Insert the nozzle into the inlet and squeeze the bottle to refill it.
- Recap the inlet, close the tank cover and gently close the scanning unit.
Printing does not start in Canon G3010?
It is easy to sort out when a page does not start to print in Canon Pixma G3010 Setup. When your print does not start, make sure the printer is turned ON, ensure the connection with the computer, delete the undesired print job, check the size of the data you print, or restart the system.
- Ensure the printer is turned ON.
- Check whether the computer is correctly connected to the print
- Delete the undesired print job when you print from a computer.
- Check whether your printer driver is selected when you start printing.
- Select SET AS DEFAULT PRINTER, to select your printer by default.
- Check the size of the data that you are going to print and limit them.
- Restart the computer and try printing again.
Cannot connect the Canon G3010 Printer to Wi-Fi
When you cannot connect the Canon Pixma G3010 Setup printer to Wi-Fi, check the power status, network settings match, wireless signal, security software’s Firewall, as initial steps.
- Check the power status of the printer, network device, and the computer/phone.
- See whether you can view your web pages to check whether your wireless router connection is functioning.
- Verify the connection between the printer and the wireless router.
- Ensure the network settings between the printer and wireless router network matches. Check whether the wireless signal is strong.
- Make sure the Security software’s firewall is off.
Troubleshoot for Paper Loading Error in Canon G3010
Follow the guidelines for troubleshooting in paper loading in Canon Pixma in G3010. You need to load only the recommended paper sizes and ensure the settings are correct.
Solutions for Troubleshooting in paper loading error
- Make sure you have loaded the papers.
- Flip the papers and align them when loading two or more sheets.
- Make sure you do not exceed the stack limit.
- Load the paper always with the print side facing upwards.
- Verify that the paper is not too thick.
- See the LOADING ENVELOPES option before you start to load envelope.
- Make sure the media type and the paper size settings match with the loaded paper.
- Remove if any foreign objects are present in the rear tray.
- Clean the paper feed roller as Canon Pixma G3010 Setup final step.