Canon Pixma G1010 Setup
The Canon Pixma G1010 Setup printer is designed to yield high volume printing at low cost. It can print photos and documents using built-in integrated ink tanks, and users can quickly check the ink levels at a glance. To refill the ink tanks in Canon Pixma G1010, Canon has designed a spill-resistant bottle to reduce ink spillage during ink refilling.
Canon Pixma G1010 Reviews and Ratings
Canon Pixma G1010 is designed only for printing photos and documents. It is a printer that can only support USB cable connection. The Canon Pixma G1010 printer uses the Inkjet printing method and it does not support the wireless connection. The Canon Pixma G1010 printer is priced at USD 88.
How to Install Canon Pixma G1010
- Tear off the seal from the Canon Pixma G1010 printer’s shipment package.
- The Canon Pixma G1010 printer package will consist of a user manual, installation CD-ROM, power cord, and SETUP ink cartridges.
- Discard the styrofoam materials and gently remove the printer from the package.
- Position the Canon Pixma G1010 setup printer on a flat surface and remove the plastic cover.
- Peel the orange stickers off the Canon Pixma G1010 printer, and gather the ink bottles and ink cartridges provided with the printer package.
- Lift to open the top cover to reach inside the printer.
- Now, lift the ink cartridge access lid and uncover a new ink cartridge from its packaging.
- Peel off the orange protective sticker from the ink cartridges and position them in the recommended slots.
- Open the ink tank door and fill the tank using the ink bottles supplied with the printer’s package. Attach one terminal of the power cord into the printer’s port.
- Connect another terminal of the power cord into the wall socket. Load sufficient papers into the paper input tray and proceed to install the necessary printer drivers.
Canon Pixma G1010 Driver for Windows
If you want to download drivers for your Canon Pixma G1010 printer on your Windows computer, follow the guidelines given below.
- Power off the Canon Pixma G1010 printer before you start with the driver installation process.
- Click the Download link given on this site to download the Canon Pixma G1010 printer drivers. You can also use the installation CR-ROM to install the printer drivers on your computer.
- Go to the Downloads folder and run the Msetup4.exe file to initiate the installation process.
- On the User Account Control screen, select Continue and wait until the installation screen appears.
- Click the Easy Install option and the list of applications included in the driver file will appear on your screen. Click Install and accept the End User License Agreement by clicking the Yes option.
- Follow the guidelines and when the connection method screen is prompted, click the USB connection as the Canon Pixma G1010 printer supports only USB connection.
- Now, connect one terminal of the USB cable into the printer’s USB port and another terminal into the computer’s USB port. Power on the Canon Pixma G1010 setup printer and complete the setup by clicking Exit.
Canon Pixma G1010 Driver for Mac
To set up the Canon Pixma G1010 printer on your Mac computer, follow the set of instructions given below.
- Power on your Mac computer and download the MP drivers for your printer from the link given on this site.
- Ensure that you have sufficient storage memory on your Mac computer.
- Double-click on the driver setup icon available in the Downloads folder.
- On the Authentication screen, type your administrator name and password and click OK.
- When the installer is initiated, select Easy Install and the application will start to install automatically.
- Confirm the list of applications that are intended for installation and click Install.
- Read and accept the License Agreements and click Next on the Complete Setup screen.
- Click Next on the User Registration screen and complete the driver installation process.
- Restart your computer after the installation process is completed.
- Try to print a document for ensuring proper driver installation on your Mac computer.
Canon Pixma G1010 Driver Installation using CD-ROM
- Be sure that the Canon Pixma G1010 printer is turned off.
- Now, power on your Windows computer and load the installation CD-ROM into the CD-Drive. The setup program will automatically start on your computer.
- If the AutoPlay screen appears, select Run Msetup4.exe.
- Select Continue on the User Account Control settings window and the main menu will appear. Select the Easy Install menu and the application software will be installed on your computer.
- A list of application to install will appear on your screen and then click Install.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreements and select Yes.
- When the Printer Connection screen is prompted, ensure that the USB setup option is enabled.
- Now, connect one terminal of the USB cord into the printer and another terminal into the computer’s USB port.
- Power on the Canon Pixma G1010 printer and install the ink cartridges.
- Load papers into the input tray and try printing a sample page.
How to Install Ink Cartridges in Canon Pixma G1010
- Power off the Canon Pixma G1010 setup printer before you install the ink cartridges.
- Pull the top cover and reach inside the printer cartridge area.
- Now, open the ink access lid located at the center and uncover a new ink cartridge from its package.
- Peel off the orange protective tape from the ink cartridge and install the ink cartridges into the recommended slots.
- Close the ink access lid and open the ink tank lid present at the left corner.
- Fill the tank with black ink provided with the printer’s shipment package.
- Open the ink tank lid present at the right corner and fill the ink tank with the color ink bottles.
- Close the ink tank lid and lower the ink access top cover.
- Power on the Canon Pixma G1010 printer and print an alignment page to witness the print quality.
How to Refill Ink Tank in Canon Pixma G1010
- To refill the ink cartridges in the Canon Pixma G1010 printer, ensure that the printer is powered on.
- Open the Canon Pixma G1010 printer’s top cover and open the ink tank cover.
- Open the left ink tank lid to refill the black ink.
- Open the right ink tank lid to refill the color ink.
- Take a new ink bottle out of its cover and hold the ink bottle upright.
- Twist and open the bottle cap and then refill the black and color ink tanks.
- Recap the ink tank and close the ink tank lids.
- Now, close the Canon Pixma G1010 setup printer’s top cover.
- Print an alignment page to ensure that the ink cartridges are properly installed in your printer.
How to Connect Canon Pixma G1010 to USB
- Power on the Canon Pixma G1010 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Download and install the Canon printer drivers from the link given on this site.
- On your Windows computer, install the Canon Pixma G1010 printer drivers.
- If the AutoPlay screen, click Run Msetup4.exe and follow the setup guidelines to install the printer drivers. When the list of applications to install prompts on your screen, then select Install.
- Accept the End User License Agreements and complete the printer driver installation. When prompted to choose the connection type, choose the default USB setup option.
- When prompted, connect one terminal of the USB cable into the printer’s USB port. Affix another terminal of the USB cable into the computer’s USB port.
- Now, complete the installation process and try printing a sample page.
Printing photos from Canon Pixma G1010
- Power on the Canon Pixma G1010 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Open the paper support cover and pull out the paper tray.
- Extend the output tray extension and vertically load the paper with the print side facing outwards.
- Align the paper width guides according to the paper size.
- On your Windows computer, click the My Image Garden icon in the Quick Menu.
- Select the Photo Print icon and click the folder from which you want to print photos. Choose the pictures that you want to print and click the Print option.
- Specify the number of copies required and make the necessary print settings.
- Click OK and select the Print option.
- The Canon Pixma G1010 printer will start to print the selected photos.
How to reset Canon Pixma G1010
If you want to repair the Canon Pixma G1010 setup printer, proceed to reset the printer.
- Tap the Canon Pixma G1010 printer’s Resume/Cancel button.
- After the Alarm lamp is switched off, set the Canon Pixma G1010 printer to the Transporting mode.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button, and then release the buttons when the Alarm light flashes eight times.
- Unplug the power cord from the Canon Pixma G1010 printer, and ensure that the cartridge holder is moved to the right corner.
- Verify that the ink tank caps are secured properly.
- Detach the USB cable from the printer and computer.
- Now, re-establish the Canon Pixma G1010 printer connection.
Canon Pixma G1010 Printer Troubleshooting
The Canon Pixma G1010 printer is designed only for performing the print function. Problems associated with the print quality and print mechanism can be fixed by performing the general troubleshooting methods. Many problems occur due to improper printer connectivity to the computer or power supply. First, inspect the connectivity and then try other troubleshooting methods.
Print Results are poor
If the print results in Canon Pixma G1010 setup printer are unsatisfactory, follow the guidelines suggested below.
- If you are trying to print an image and loaded a photo paper, ensure that you have updated the print settings.
- Choose the print quality suited to the paper type and retry the printing job.
- If the print quality is not improved, check the other causes.
- Cancel the print jobs in the print queue.
- Inspect the size of print data and if the print data size is huge, reduce the print data size.
- Now, try printing a photo or document from your Canon Pixma G1010 printer.
“NO PAPER” Error
- When loading more sheets of paper, flip through the sheets before loading it.
- Make sure that the print side faces upwards, and adjust the paper width guides with respect to the paper size.
- Check if the media type and paper size match the settings made on your computer.
- Power off the Canon Pixma G1010 printer and open the rear tray.
- If you notice any paper jammed in the rear tray, remove them.
- Clean the paper feed roller using a lint-free cloth.
- Now, power on the printer and try printing a sample page.
Canon Pixma G1010 Ink is not coming
- Examine the ink level in the Canon Pixma G1010 printer’s ink tank.
- If there is sufficient ink in the ink tank and the problem is prevailing, perform Deep Cleaning.
- Open the Canon IJ Printer Assistant Tool and select Deep Cleaning.
- On the Deep Cleaning Dialog box, select the ink group for which you want to perform a deep cleaning.
- Examine the print quality and if the quality is not improved, perform the next stage of the cleaning process. Wait for some time and try printing a sample page.
Lines are Misaligned
- Power on the Canon Pixma G1010 setup printer and print a document.
- If you notice an alignment issue, check the paper and print quality settings.
- Increase the print quality and try printing a sample page.
- On your computer, open the print driver setup window.
- Click Printhead Alignment on the Maintenance tab.
- Fill some paper in the paper input tray and execute the printhead alignment.
- Check the printed pattern and if the error prevails, service the Canon Pixma G1010 printer in a certified center.
Power shuts off by itself
- Press the Power button and turn on the printer.
- If you have set the printer to switch off automatically after a specific time, the printer will shut down automatically.
- Open the printer driver setup window and click Auto Power.
- Select the Auto Power off option.
- Now, the Canon Pixma g1010 setup printer will not get powered off by itself.
- In a Mac OS computer, open the Canon IJ Printer Utility and choose the Power Settings.
- In the pop-up menu, select the Disable or Auto Power option.