Canon Pixma Ts6420 Setup
This all-in-one wireless printer is one of the best printers to come under the Pixma model. You can quickly set up the Canon Pixma TS6420 printer with your smartphone to get your setup done quickly. The printer is designed to give out a compact design. Canon Pixma TS6420 is compatible with iOS versions 12.0 and above and Android versions 4.4 and above.
Canon Pixma Ts6420 First Time Setup
- To set up the printer, unpack it from the carton along with the accessories like the installation CD, user manual and installation manual, ink cartridges, and the power cord.
- Remove the protective tapes surrounding the printer.
- Open the scanner door and remove the tapes on the sides of the scanner glass.
- Remove the power cord from the packaging. Connect the port to the rear of the printer and the main to the power source, then press the Power button.
- Select the language of your choice and press the OK button.
- Now, you will see the Install Cartridge message.
- Open the access door of the printer.
- Remove the cartridges from the cartridge cover.
- Remove the yellow protective tape at the bottom of the cartridge.
- Open the cartridge cover, place the ink cartridges on the left and the right cartridge slots. Close the cartridge cover and close the access door.
- Wait for the Canon Pixma TS6420 printer to load the ink.
- Remove the paper tray from the bottom of the printer, move the paper guide to the corner.
- Place a stack of paper inside the tray and bring the paper guide to the corner of the paper.
- Push the paper tray into the printer.
- Now, remove the Installation CD from the cover and place it in the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
- Wait for the computer to open the Autorun window.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. When the connection screen opens, you have to select the connection type.
- Finally, print a test page from the printer after completing the setup.
Canon Pixma Ts6420 Wireless Setup
You must first enable the Wireless Connect Mode on the Canon Pixma TS6420 printer for the wireless setup:
- Press and hold on to the Wireless Connect button on the Canon Pixma TS6420 control panel.
- You will see the message “Processing… please wait momentarily.”
- Run the Setup file (installation CD or downloaded driver).
- Click the Start Setup button in the setup window.
- Click the Yes button for the terms and agreement. Then click the Agree button.
- Select your wireless network from the Network Name (SSID) drop-down list, then click the Next button.
- Enter the password for your network and click Next.
- You will then see the message Connection completed, with a green tick. Click the Next button.
- Click the Test Print button if you want to check the connection.
Canon Pixma Ts6420 Driver Download
- Go to the official support page of Canon Pixma TS6420.
- Click the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Select the Operating System of your computer from the drop-down list and the language of your choice.
- Under the Recommended Driver section, select the driver, click the Select button, and then click Download.
Canon Pixma Ts6420 Usb Setup
- Unpack the installation CD for the Canon Pixma TS6420 printer and insert it into the CD drive.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When the connection screen is shown, take out the USB cable from the sealed packaging, connect one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other to the Windows computer.
- When the connection screen opens, click on the USB or Wired Connection.
- With the assistance of the on-screen instructions, complete the USB setup.
Canon Pixma Ts6420 Print Setup
- Make sure the Canon Pixma TS6420 printer is turned on.
- Load the required amount of paper in the printer.
- Open the print document on your computer, then choose File > Print.
- If you have connected more than one printer on your computer, then choose the Canon printer and click Preferences or Properties.
- Click the Quick Setup tab and select the option on how you want to print the document.
- Make changes to the layout and paper size.
- Click the Apply button and then click OK.
- The Canon Pixma TS6420 printer will now use the settings you have made and print the document.
Canon Pixma Ts6420 Apple Airprint
With AirPrint, you can easily print from your iOS devices.
- Make sure the Canon Pixma TS6420 and the iOS device is connected to the same network.
- Now select a photo or a document you want to print from your iOS device.
- Select or tap on the Share button.
- Select the Print option and then select the Canon Pixma TS6420 printer.
- Tap the Print option.
Canon Pixma Ts6420 Troubleshooting
The common problems you will face with the Canon Pixma TS6420 are paper jams, paper not feeding, not connecting to the Wi-Fi, printer offline, not printing, etc.
Canon Pixma Ts6420 Not Printing
If you are not able to print on your Canon Pixma TS6420 printer, perform the steps to troubleshoot the problem.
- Make sure you have the ink cartridge installed correctly in the printer.
- See if the protective tape from the cartridge is removed.
Clean the Print head if necessary:
- Press the OK button on the Canon Pixma printer.
- Select the Maintenance option and then select the Cleaning option.
- Select the Yes option when the confirmation screen appears.
- Press the OK button. Now the print head cleaning will start.
- Press the OK button on the printer.
- Select the Maintenance option and then select Deep Cleaning.
- Select the Yes option on the confirmation screen.
- The cleaning will take about 60-80 seconds.
- Select OK once the completion screen appears.
Canon Pixma Ts6420 Printer Offline
If your printer is turned on and there is no issue with the printer’s connection to your computer, then perform the below steps to solve the printer offline issue.
- Open Windows Control Panel on your computer.
- Click or select the Devices and Printers option.
- You will see the list of the printer(s) connected to your computer.
- Perform a right-click on the Canon Pixma TS6420 printer and select the See what’s printing? option.
- Delete any pending print jobs.
- Click the Printer menu and then disable the option Use Printer Offline.