How To Do The Canon Pixma MegaTank G5020 Setup?
The Canon PIXMA Megatank G5020 printer setup is quite simple. You can check this page for more precise information. The basic setup procedure involves unpacking the printer, installing the print heads, loading the paper, and software installation. Now, let’s see the Canon Pixma Megatank G5020 setup in detail.
Getting Started With Your Printer
The Canon PIXMA Megatank G5020 printer setup procedure hardly takes 10-15 minutes.
- The Canon PIXMA Megatank G5020 printer
- Power cord
- Phone cable
- Software DVD-ROM
- Print heads
- Ink bottles
- Clear the box by removing the packaging materials from it along with the Canon PIXMA G5020 printer.
- Remove all the protective materials from the inside and outside of your printer.
At first, start opening the printer box and check the components present in it. The components are:
Connecting the power cord:
Now, you can plug the power cable into the rear of the printer and the other end into a wall outlet. On your printer, press the Power button. By pressing the Power button, your Canon PIXMA Megatank G5020 printer turns on immediately. You can now select the language and other basic settings on your printer control panel. Your Canon PIXMA Megatank G5020 printer is now turned on.
Installation of the print heads:
- Open the scanner unit and print head cover of your printer.
- After opening it, start installing the print heads into the respective slots.
- Push down firmly until the print head locks completely.
Loading the paper:
- Take out the paper cassette from your printer.
- Slide the paper guides and start loading the paper.
- Insert the paper cassette back into your printer.
- Now, you can pull out the paper output tray.
Filling the ink tanks:
- Open the scanning unit and the ink tank cover from the left side of your printer.
- Open the ink tank cap and then insert the ink bottle and push it down into the inlet.
- Wait until the ink tank fills completely.
- Start repeating the procedure for the other ink tanks on the right side, and close the ink tank cap and cover.
- Finally, close the scanning unit.
As your printer comes with ink tank containers, you can easily fill them with the supplied ink bottles. Here’s how to fill the ink tanks.
Installation of the software:
As your Canon PIXMA Megatank G5020 printer comes with a supplied DVD-ROM, you can insert it into your computer to install the software. Or else, you can download the driver and software package from the official Canon website.
- Put the installation disc into the CD/DVD drive of your computer.
- Run the installer program and complete the on-screen instructions to finish the installation process.
- f you want to download the driver to your computer, open a web browser, go to the official Canon website, and download the driver and software package.
- On the Canon website, enter your product name and then click Search.
- Now, select the required OS, choose the appropriate driver from the displayed options, and then click the Download button next to that driver.
- Once the driver is downloaded, double-click the setup file and run it on your computer.
The entire Canon PIXMA Megatank G5020 printer setup will be over when the software is successfully installed.
Perform the steps in the same order to perform the Canon Pixma Megatank G5020 setup.